Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Christian Rock

  1. #21
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    Jars of Clay - Flood

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wNGLU_VsePg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wNGLU_VsePg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    Dio is pretty good. I think he may be Catholic. I doubt its considerd christian but I feel the need to pray after listening to him.

    It works for me.
    GO VOLS

  3. #23
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    didn't Dio sing on 2 Christian songs for Kerry Levgrin (sp?) of Kansas on his solo album?
    I need to check that
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member JohnnyClintwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    you know i would really, really, realllllllllllllllly love to comment on this "Christian Rock" but i'm not goin to. i'ma leave it alone.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    Comment on it. That's why its put up. The majority of these bands started in christian rock and then jumped into mainstream rock. Most don't label themselves christian rock anymore, just rock. You'll probably say something along the lines that they say "[censored]", "damn", "ass", etc that makes them "non-christian" and in reality it doesn't. Those aren't cuss words or anything, they are purely a diff word that means the exact thing as crap, dang, or butt. But if that isn't your rant, then let's hear it. But I made this point before any other "bible belt" nuts started.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't Dio sing on 2 Christian songs for Kerry Levgrin (sp?) of Kansas on his solo album?
    I need to check that</div></div>

    here it is. I did spell it wrong
    http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bi...eeds+of+Change
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    Jars of Clay and DC Talk are what got me back into the christian music scene. Liquid by Jars of Clay is pretty good, too.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't Dio sing on 2 Christian songs for Kerry Levgrin (sp?) of Kansas on his solo album?
    I need to check that</div></div>

    here it is. I did spell it wrong
    http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bi...eeds+of+Change</div></div>

    Wow I would have never thought that
    GO VOLS

  9. #29
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    I think I even have those songs on a disc someplace.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Christian Rock

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't Dio sing on 2 Christian songs for Kerry Levgrin (sp?) of Kansas on his solo album?
    I need to check that</div></div>

    here it is. I did spell it wrong
    http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bi...eeds+of+Change</div></div>

    Wow I would have never thought that</div></div>

    WELL, check out Liberty N' Justice. A Christian band that uses guest vocalist on their albums and they use a lot of mainstreem artist as well.
    http://www.libertynjustice.net/albums.php
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •